The release of genetically-engineered micro-organisms / edited by M. Sussman [y otros tres].
By: (1st : International Conference on the Release of Genetically-engineered Micro-organisms (1st : 1988 : Cardiff, Wales).
Contributor(s): Sussman, Max [editor] | Collins, C. H [editor] | Skinner, F. A [editor] | Stewart-Tull, D. E [editor].Material type: BookCopyright date: London ; San Diego : Academic Press, 1988Edition: First edition.Description: xvi, 306 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.ISBN: 0126775214; 0126775222 (pbk.).Subject(s): Biotechnology -- Congresses | Genetic engineering -- Congresses | Microbial genetics -- CongressesDDC classification: 660.65
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Item holds|
|Libro académico||Biblioteca del Campus||660.65 I6131r 1988 (Browse shelf)||Ej. 1||Available|
'Proceedings of the First International Conference on the Release of Genetically-engineered Micro-organisms; the conference was sponsored by Society for Applied Bacteriology, Society for General Microbiology, American Society for Microbiology, The International Union of Microbiological Societies'
Conference held in Cardiff, South Wales, Apr. 5-8, 1988.
Includes bibliographical references and index
1. Opening remarks / Sir Hans Kornberg --
2. Engineering organisms for safety: what is necessary? / R. Curtiss III --
3. Engineering organisms for use / J. E. Davies --
4. The survival and persistence of genetically-engineered micro-organisms / J. E. Beringer and M. J. Bale --
5. Detection and monitoring of genetically-engineered micro-organisms / R. R. Colwell, C. Somerville, I Knight and W. Straube --
6. Genetic transfer in the natural environment / S. B. Levy and B. M. Marshall --
7. Fate and behaviour in an activated sludge microcosm of a genetically-engineered micro-organism designed to degrade substituted aromatic compounds / D. F. Dwyer, F. Rojo and K. N. Timmis --
8. The use of fowlpox virus vectors to vaccinate non-avian species / J. Taylor, R. Weinberg, B. Languet, P. Desmettre and E. Paoletti --
9. Progress towards vaccines against bacterial oral and enteric pathogens / A. A. Lindberg --
10. Field tests of recombinant ice pseudomonas syringae for biological frost control in potato / S. E. Lindow and N. J. Panopoulos --
11. Inventory of natural rhizobacterial populations from different crop plants / H. Joos, B. Lambert, F. Leyns, A. De Roeck, and J. Swings --
12. Field trials of genetically-engineered baculovirus insecticides / D. H. L. Bishop, P. F. Entwistle, I. R. Cameron, C. J. Allen and R. D. Possee --
13. Pre-release testing procedures: US field test of a lacZY-engineered soil bacterium / D. J. Drahos, G. F. Barry, B. C. Hemming, E. J. Brandt, H. D. Skipper, E. L. Kline, D. A. Kluepfel, T. A. Hughes and D. T. Gooden --
14. Round table 1: Applications --
15. Round table 2: Detection methods including sequencing and probes --
16. Round table 3: Survival, persistence and colonization --
17. Round table 4: Genetic stability and expression --
18. Round table 5: Case histories of deliberate release --
19. Round table 6: Use of microcosms --
20. Round table 7: Fate and effects --
21. Round table 8: Pre-release considerations --
22. Closing address / E. A. Adelberg